Saturday, May 17, 2014

YUIPHOTO: Frozen (Neuschwanstein Castle on a snowy morning)

From my Flickr 

*YUIPHOTO is a weekly post that depicts the details and stories of how photos from my Flickr and Facebook photography page were taken*
It was an early February morning in Schwangau, Germany when snow began to fall. 

    We had arrived in Schwangau/Füssen the night before, and I was unable to get a clear shot of the Neuschwanstein Castle amidst the dark (although it was illuminated). With great disappointment, I dozed off to sleep... yet little did I know that I would be in for a treat when I woke up.

The Castle at night. 
   It turned out that the castle was clearly visible from the balcony of my hotel room, so with great enthusiasm, I sprang out of bed and dashed for my camera.
Yeah, it was COLD.
By the time I finished setting up, it had stopped snowing, and the scene outside was covered in a layer of white snow... not too thin, not too thick... as if someone had spilled a large sack of flour all over the place. It was truly quite a sight to behold... and after a minute or two of gazing with fascination, I fired away my camera's shutter. 


The snow, as seen from street level.
And just in case you were wondering, no, the title of this photo has nothing to do with the movie. This photo was taken Feb. 2013, long before the movie's release. So let go of that thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment